Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Digital LA - RealTech Start-up Showcase 3: Mobile
Wednesday, May 9, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
VOLUNTEERs with nice smiles wanted to help check-in for an hour 7-8p to attend free! Email email@example.com with VOLUNTEER as the subject.
Our third Digital LA - RealTech Startup Showcase theme is mobile with 4 awesome mobile startups + an audience choice which could be u, or voted by u! Presenting startups include look.io (Amplify), Chromatik (LaunchPad), WeLink (StartEngine), and Here On Biz. Keynote by Matt Kozlov, CEO of Moonshark, a CAA Qualcomm backed startup pairing mobile apps with celebs. Booths include NDMS, Pogoseat, and Flowtab.
Matt Kozlov, CEO, Moonshark, a startup backed by CAA and Qualcomm pairs the world’s best mobile developers and celebrities in creating original mobile apps. Moonshark funds, produces, markets and publishes app concepts developed in partnership with CAA talent. Previously, Matt was VP, New Products and Services at Sony Music responsible for bringing to market new revenue-generating digital offerings that leveraged SME’s artists, music and brands. Matt has also worked at Yahoo! (corporate strategy, product development) and Bain and Company. He graduated from Harvard, where he studied economics. @MoonsharkMobile @koz
- Look.io, Grant Miller, Co-Founder. Look.io is a real-time customer support plug-in for mobile apps. Look.io enables apps to add text-chat customers support with live customer service reps. @lookioapp. Accelerator: Amplify.la.
- Chromatik, Matt Sandler, CEO, Founder. Chromatik is a free digital platform for the true musician. Everything you need to practice, perform and teach music, available for the iPad and web. Chromatik lets students learn to play instruments via digital sheet music, recordings, and annotations from their teachers via iPhone, iPad app and web. @mattdsandler @chromatikmusic from Accelerator: Launchpad LA
- Nathan Chandra, WeLink, Co-Founder. WeLink is a social backend service; its API creates a social component for both web and mobile. Users can download the WeLink app to find attendees nearby them at events via keyword searches of public data via Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. WeLink created an attendee page for this RealTech so you can see who's here at http://www.welink.com/digitalla-realtech-may-9-2012/ @NateChandra @_WeLink. Accelerator: @StartEngineLA
- Here On Biz. Nick Smoot, CMO/Founder. The Here On Biz iPhone app lets you see your LinkedIn contacts via GPS nearby by neighborhood who also have the app, letting you make connections, chat, and meet up in realtime. @hereonbiz @smooter
The Fifth "Audience Choice" Start-Up will be determined live at the event based on you the audience! At the beginning of the presentations, we will have 5 minutes for 10-15 people from the audience to make a 30-second elevator pitch. The audience will tweet-vote via #RealTech and the name of the startup. The company with the most tweet-votes will get to present last! Fun and interactive!
- Kevin Winston, Digital LA @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
- Jason Crilly, PageWoo @pagewoo
NDMS. The NDMS Startup Payments Program includes everything needed to enable payments on a website or mobile app. In addition to our payments expertise, our partners provide additional products and services such as web hosting, marketing strategy, legal advice, office space, mentoring, and support. The combined total of these products and services is valued at over $10,000 per startup. @startuppayments
Pogoseat is a mobile app that allows fans to upgrade their seats at any live event. @pogoseat
Flowtab is a mobile app that lets you order and pay for drinks in crowded bars and nightclubs. @flowtab
Slingr is a social check-in service that allows your friends to send you drinks, food, and other items through popular social networks like Facebook and Twitter. @slingrfeed
- 7-8: Check-in and Networking. Check out booths.
- 8-8:05p: Announcements
- 8:05-9:15p: Start-up Showcase: 5 Presentations (10 min each)
- 9-9:30p: Keynote
- 9:30-10p: More networking
CALL FOR SPONSORS: email firstname.lastname@example.org with STARTUP as the subject
Our previous RealTech Showcases are below:
- RealTech 2: Social Good / Green: http://digitalla.net/rt2.htm
- RealTech 1: Entertainent http://digitalla.net/rt1.htm